Monday, November 26, 2012

"The Statistical Probability of Falling in Love at First Sight" by Jennifer E. Smith

**Slight Spoilers!**

I thought the book The Statistical Probability of Falling in Love at First Sight was a cute book. It had enough emotions and development that it was realistic and that you could relate to the characters, but I wouldn't call it my favorite book.

First of all, it was only set over a day, which is okay, I guess, but it just made the book go by faster for me. It's not like it had timeline issues, but it was just really a quick read for me.

It was a fairly straightforward book too, and didn't have a lot of deep symbols, and didn't deal with issues that are hard to wrap my mind around. I did like that Smith did include issues in the book, like Hadley dealing with her parent's divorce and her father's remarriage, and Oliver's issues with his parents. It wasn't just a random love story with no point.

I predicted almost of all that was going to happen, but was slightly surprised at her losing Oliver after she arrived at Heathrow, which was nice. I mean, obviously, they end up together at the end, or else why would they be kissing on the cover (besides the little airport make-out)? I recommend this to people who want a quick, cute read about true love. Sarah Dessen fans??

No comments:

Post a Comment