Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sonnet

Sonnet

We danced, bright star eyes, but soon we know how
the world crushes most dreams of he who tries.
All we wanted was to have gracious bows,
we end up holding arms with silent cries.

And those who try too hard tend to get hurt.
We are the ones who held our hearts in hands,
begging others not to be so rude, curt.
But hands are not walls, no not at all, and

Soon the tender and sweet heart was burned, by
a known figure with cat eyes and strong heart.
They thought that all were strong like them, a lie,
but the poor star eyed were not so careful.

A heart never hurt is not experienced.
And hearts not hurt fall inexperienced.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this poem Emma. Your vocabulary is superb and I love your use of metaphors, similes and imagery. I felt melancholy after reading this poem because it really conveyed a feeling of hopelessness. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem! I loved the imagery, and the language was very beautiful. I liked the sad tone of the sonnet, and how the theme was evident throughout the entire piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I don't know why the poem is so sad. I'm not sure if I meant it that way or it just wrote itself like that.

      Delete